We are here to help you start, grow, and expand your business.
- Grow Waynesboro - Small Business
- New and Small Business Resources
- Incentives and Financing
- Available Properties
- Workforce Development
- News and Media
- Document Center
- Adding Properties
Starting your own business can be an exciting venture. The Waynesboro Office of Economic Development has created a detailed road map to help you on your quest. As you embark on this challenging yet rewarding journey of starting your own business in Waynesboro Virginia, we hope you will find this road map a helpful tool. As you will see, there are many stops, considerations, and decisions along the way, but careful evaluation of each step will pay dividends with a successful business.
Need to know more about opportunities for your business in Waynesboro? Find local information to help your business make smarter, faster, better decisions here.
Be sure to check out these resource partners to help you.
A broad range of incentives and financing options are available for new and expanding businesses, including industrial development bond financing, small business loans, and a variety of loan guarantee and indirect financing options.
Link to Waynesboro GIS : layers include tax parcels, zoning, water, sewer, storm water, flood plain, topo, aerials, school district, and wards.
Tourism Development Zone:
Working closely with our local real estate community, the City strives to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of available properties. In addition to maintaining the database, the City also owns two industrial parks totaling 200 acres and will enable future construction of 1.4 million square feet of new industrial space.
In addition to the 13 colleges and universities and over 20,000 annual graduates within 2 1/2 hours of Waynesboro, there are a variety of state and local programs designed to assist employers with specific needs.
Looking for a employee training source? The Shenandoah Valley Partnership has compiled a Shenandoah Valley Education and Training Database. The database, hosted on the Partnership’s web site, list training and educational programs available from Valley colleges, universities and technical schools.
- Provides customized recruiting and training services to companies creating new jobs or experiencing technological change
- Consulting services, organizational development, and funding for training and recruitment may be available
- The center is designed to provide hands on experience in a variety of applications and the curriculum provides the classroom experience needed to succeed in today’s manufacturing environment
- Each of the seven labs is equipped with state of the art equipment for manufacturing, design, and electronics; a robotic arm, 3D plastic prototype printer, manufacturing lab simulator, a CNC machine, and a series of manufacturing training modules
- The Robert E. Plecker Workforce Center provides a number of services to employers, entrepreneurs, and career re-training
Has a number of degree and certificate programs in their Outreach and Engagement Department
- Is continually working to provide qualified workers via a number of programs
- Dream It Do It – focuses on advanced technology in manufacturing, healthcare, construction and information technology
- Enhancing the Green or Clean workforce is the goal of the Shenandoah Valley Energy Partnership
KALAMAZOO, Michigan – Consultant Connect, a consulting agency designed to bridge the gap between economic developers and site consultants, announces its 2018 list of North America’s Top 50 Economic Developers.…
Thank you for your interest in adding properties to the database. Properties submitted will appear on both the City of Waynesboro Economic Development website and the Virginia Economic Development Partnership website (www.VEDP.org). By submitting your available building(s) or site(s) for this free listing you agree to provide accurate information and regular updates.
Please download and submit the appropriate form for the type of available property.
- All information requested in red font is required
- Although VEDP has some minimums, all properties will be shown on the City website
- Be sure to include photos, site plans, sell sheets and other back-up materials
- Please contact us for information on sending large files
Download these forms: